The more the merrier doesn’t usually apply to class size, but it can.
The number of students in any given class affects how that class operates.
Size influences everything from course design to content delivery to class flow to assignments and grading.
It makes sense. It can be difficult to establish a rapport with the class as a whole and with individuals when there are dozens upon dozens of names to learn and faces to remember.
Fostering accountability is even harder. Many of your favorite activities and exam strategies just wont work when class numbers climb too high, and no matter how hard you try, someone inevitably slips through the cracks.
This Magna Online Seminar gives you proven tips, strategies, and best practices that promote success—for students and instructors-in large classrooms.
This seminar shows you how to invest in the class long before it begins so that you don’t get overwhelmed as you try to ensure that no one gets lost in the crowd.
This seminar gives you the tools you need to adapt the courses you teach and to adequately prepare for and manage classes of all sizes.
To help you when you get back to campus, you will also receive a course design checklist, an ongoing evaluation checklist, an observation checklist, and other resources to help you keep large classes from veering off track.
During this seminar learn how to:
- Foster ongoing accountability for all students
- Engage introverted students
- Use technology to shrink your classroom
- Train students to use an FAQ system to avoid your having to answer the same question multiple times
- Delegate effectively
- Empower students to help themselves
- Tailor your approach to your physical setting
- Employ humor and other presentation tactics to reach all students
At Magna, we know that your time is valuable and you need actionable insights and information. Helping Students Succeed in a Large Classroom delivers proven principles and practices that instructors can follow and use to teach effectively in large classrooms.
After this seminar you will:
- Know how to use technology to shrink your classroom and increase your effectiveness
- Recognize opportunities to integrate new practices to make your teaching more effective
- Be prepared to evaluate your existing course designs to identify areas that need modification in large classroom settings
- Be able to anticipate and address challenges that will arise when you face a large class for any course you teach
Helping Students Succeed in a Large Classroom would be particularly useful for:
- Faculty at all levels in all disciplines
- Adjunct faculty
- Graduate teaching assistants
- Faculty administrators
- Teaching consultants
- Department chairs
Order today. At some institutions, large class sizes are as unavoidable as they are intimidating. But there is something that can make it easier to manage a crowd: Helping Students Succeed in a Large Classroom.
Product Code: PC14QA