Magna On-Demand Seminars
How to Evaluate the Impact of Faculty Development Programs
Ineffective faculty development programs are a big waste of time and money. We’ll show you how to create a feasible plan for measuring the success of your faculty development efforts. We also share best practices that can be used to judge your existing programs and help you plan for needed improvements.
Professional Development Plans
Faculty development programs are an important way of building the skills and capabilities of the professors on your campus.
When these programs are high quality, they deliver valuable training and can greatly enhance teaching and learning at your college or university.
When they are ineffective, however, they can be a big waste of time and money.
There is very little available guidance on optimal evaluation procedures and few administrators or faculty developers understand how to accurately measure the effectiveness of faculty programming.
This seminar shows you how to create a feasible plan for measuring the success of your faculty development efforts and shares best practices that can be used to judge your existing programs and help you plan for needed improvements.
This seminar also includes demonstration of an evaluation framework and a relevant case study.
In this 75-minute seminar, you will learn strategies for:
- Customizing a framework for program evaluation
- Measuring the impact of faculty development
- Implementing effective evaluation practices
- Examining expected outcomes
- Designing useful evaluation measures based on best practices
- Dealing with the challenges of measuring program effectiveness
- Determining the application of program evaluation, assessment and review
- Identifying situational factors impacting your evaluation plans
- Developing a plan to assess satisfaction and goal-achievement
- Faculty developers
- Directors of Faculty Development
- Directors of Teaching and Learning Centers
- Academic Deans
- Vice Presidents of Academic Affairs
Order today and begin implementing the strategies discussed right away.
Product Code: OC11EA
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- More Information
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart