Lecture Alternatives: Four Strategies to Engage Students
If you’re growing tired of lecturing, imagine how your students feel. Your students would probably welcome a change of pace as much as you would. The challenge, of course, is making a change for the better. Learn what other educators are doing to add variety and incorporate active-learning strategies into their courses in this Magna Online Seminar.
$39.00 – $697.00
Is It Time to Stop Talking?
Find out how you can improve your current courses and inspire your students right away.
Best of all, you don’t have to resort to trial and error. Learn what other educators are doing to add variety and incorporate active-learning strategies into their courses.
This 60-minute Magna Online Seminar will help shift your perspective on your role in the classroom and give you the confidence to try new techniques to improve student performance-all without redesigning your courses or rewriting your syllabi. Think tweaks, not transformations.
No, it’s not too good to be true. You really don’t have to totally revamp your courses to get better results. Small changes can make a big impact, and simply breaking up the monotony of daily lectures can make the lectures themselves more successful when you do deliver them.
In just one hour, you will learn strategies to:
- Turn readings into active-learning tools
- Incorporate student reflections and feedback into course materials
- Derive whole-class learning opportunities by using questions in a variety of ways
- Leverage student presentations, field trips, and other class activities to improve learning and course satisfaction
- University, college, and other post-secondary instructors
- Educational and faculty developers
We know that you don’t need a lecture about the value of active learning. We all know that today’s students want and need to be engaged, and what works for them is different than what worked back when you were an undergraduate. What you do need are simple, accessible, and proven approaches that are adaptable to your teaching style and don’t require major revisions to your courses. And that’s exactly what you’ll find in Lecture Alternatives: Four Strategies to Engage Students. Order your copy today.
Product Code: PC12RA
FEATURED MAGNA PRODUCTS
- Active and Engaged Students, Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Classroom Climate, Classroom Management, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty, Faculty Support, Legal Concerns, On-Demand Seminars, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Student Engagement, Personal Development, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Technology in Online Courses, Technology in the Classroom
- Magna Seminar Series
- Add to cart
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.