Have you ever wondered how to go about building a cohesive online learning community—where students are actively engaged and you can manage the workload of a large group?
One of our favorite presenters shares several evidence-based strategies and tools for designing and facilitating large-size online courses in a way that enhances student engagement, encourages active participation, and supports learning. Specifically, covering essential topics including strategies for building a cohesive online learning community, increasing faculty online presence, and getting students actively engaged in learning. Also addressing technology for online communication, collaboration, and engagement.
Bonus: The presenter will share some of her most practical tips for faculty on how to manage the workload that comes with large enrollment online courses. If you teach large online courses, you will not want to miss out.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Understand evidence-based strategies for creating and maintaining a cohesive online learning community in large size online courses
- Clearly grasp new evidence-based strategies for enhancing faculty presence in large size online courses
- Know how to design learning activities to enhance active learning and engagement in large size online courses
- Be fully prepared to evaluate and implement technology effectively to facilitate student learning and engagement in large size online courses
Here’s what we’ll cover!
- How to build a cohesive online learning community with a large cohort of learners
- Strategies (and specific technology solutions you can use) for enhancing engagement and collaboration in online learning
- How to start and maintain engaging discussions throughout an entire semester of a large-size online course
- Increasing your online teaching presence (and not being overwhelmed)
- Practical tips on managing your teaching workload in large-size online courses
Who should attend?
This seminar will benefit:
- Faculty who teach online
- Instructional Designers and Developers
- Faculty Development Staff
- Academic Deans
- Department Chairs
- Instructional Technologists
- eLearning Specialists
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact email@example.com for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC19EA