Magna On-Demand Seminars
Team-Based Learning: Strategies for Getting Started
Team-Based Learning, or TBL, helps students develop a deep and enduring understanding of course content. Using these methods, you’ll be able to move beyond covering content to helping students use course concepts to solve interesting, significant problems.
Using Team-Based Learning to Flip Your Classroom
- Prepared, engaged college students
- A college classroom humming with active learning
- Time for rich, structured problem-solving
What professor wouldn’t jump at the chance to create a learning environment like that?
Find out how you can create these conditions for yourself with this program.
The key is using Team-Based Learning, or TBL, to realize all the potential of the flipped classroom.
Students will develop a deep and enduring understanding, and you’ll be able to move beyond covering content to helping students use course concepts to solve interesting, significant problems.
TBL is a uniquely powerful and increasingly popular form of small group learning.
Implementing it successfully in your classroom requires rethinking your course and your role in its presentation.
You change to a developer and facilitator of high-quality learning events by creating the conditions necessary for students to learn the material at a deeper level.
By using TBL, teachers can enhance student learning, increase student engagement, and expand student expertise in problem-solving, all important and attainable goals.
After participating in this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Recognize and express how your beliefs about content and your role as an instructor affect your teaching style
- Identify the benefits of establishing a more active, learning-centered classroom
- Describe how to connect with the team-based learning community
- Formulate your own first step to begin transforming your courses to team-based learning
You’ll also receive a TBL handout, activity worksheet examples, and pointers to websites, books, and conferences.
Making sure students come to class prepared is an ongoing challenge for all faculty members.
With the Readiness Assurance Process, Team-Based Learning (TBL) helps instructors and students alike get past this age-old obstacle—and that’s just one of the things you’ll learn in Team-Based Learning: Strategies for Getting Started. This seminar delves into TBLs 4S problem-solving framework and discovers how you can use it to design team activities to deepen students problem-solving experience.
Explore feedback practices that enrich student learning and enhance engagement.
Making sure students leave your classroom with the skills and knowledge they need to solve problems based on course content is a key responsibility for college and university instructors.
Whether you’re just starting your career or you’re a veteran academic, this seminar is for you.
From the Readiness Assurance Process to the 4S problem-solving framework, the TBL approach you’ll learn in this online seminar has applications for audiences at all types of higher education institutions.
It will be particularly helpful for:
- Faculty developers
- Instructional designers
- Educational consultants
Take advantage of this practical and pertinent professional development opportunity and order Team-Based Learning: Strategies for Getting Started today!
Product Code: PC14IA
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days after payment has been received by Magna.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- From: $1,297.00 for 1 year
- Select options
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart