How Can I Adapt an Online Faculty Peer Review Tool?
$99.00 – $199.00
Learn an approach to distance education evaluation based on 50 years of research into the principles of effective teaching. This concise and content-rich video will show you the different evidence evaluators seek when reviewing good online teaching and the different techniques for reviewing online educators.
How Can I Adapt an Online Faculty Peer Review Tool?
With more than one out of every four college and university students taking some or all of their classes online—according to the National Center for Education Statistics—the evaluation of distance education is more important than ever. Learn how to get the feedback you need to improve administrative decision-making and program quality in How Can I Adapt an Online Faculty Peer Review Tool?
Educators have long acknowledged the importance of evaluation when it comes to promotion and tenure decisions and assessing teaching strategies.
But now that a different course or institution is just a click away, colleges and universities need to be absolutely sure their online teaching is ready to face the competition. That’s where peer review and self-evaluation can make a real difference.
The better the feedback you gather on your online teaching, the better your distance education program can be.
However, no one is born knowing how to do peer review effectively. This Magna 20-Minute Mentor will show you how to use existing resources to develop an online teaching evaluation tool that is:
- Based on established principles of effective teaching
- Straightforward and convenient to use
The program mentor goes one step beyond collecting actionable information. She shows you how to use it to:
- Promote faculty development
- Support promotion, tenure, and contract renewal decisions
- Link peer review to educational best practices
- Reward good teaching
- Target professional development resources
In this Magna 20-Minute Mentor program, you’ll learn an approach to distance education evaluation based on 50 years of research into the principles of effective teaching.
Although good teaching is good teaching, this concise and content-rich seminar will show you the different evidence evaluators seek when reviewing good online teaching. You’ll learn different techniques for reviewing an online educators:
- Interactions with students
- Use of technology
- Teaching strategies
- Overall administrative management of the course
The good news is that you don’t have to create these quality-building evaluation tools from scratch. Presenter will direct you to tried-and-true resources, and shell show you how to adapt them to suit your professional and institutional needs.
After completing this program, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the characteristics used to define good teaching
- Analyze the difference between online teaching and teaching face-to-face
- Explain the uses for formal peer review
- Discuss the reasons why popular course evaluation tools aren’t so effective for distance education
- Design a peer review tool by adapting an existing form to suit your institutions needs
- Apply a peer review tool to distance education
Even though you cant actually sit in and observe online teaching, it’s still possible to conduct a thorough evaluation of distance education courses. How Can I Adapt an Online Faculty Peer Review Tool? will show you proven techniques and strategies you can adapt to meet the specific needs of your program, department, or institution.
Although there are many tools available for evaluating online teaching, most of these focus on the development of a course and the nature of its content. Another common evaluation technique, the end-of-course student survey, focuses on student satisfaction more than the effectiveness of online teaching.
This presentation concentrates on evaluating how distance education courses are taught. It will show you how to gather the information administrators really need to make sound decisions and the feedback faculty can use to become better instructors.
Faculty and administrators at all levels of familiarity with distance education and evaluation will find How Can I Adapt an Online Faculty Peer Review Tool? useful in the following ways:
- Administrators will see how they can streamline the peer review process and use it to focus professional development initiatives
- Faculty can learn how to be better evaluators and make more effective use of the evaluations they receive
- Faculty support staff will discern new areas where their services are needed
By starting with an overview of what constitutes good teaching, concluding with a demonstration of Penn States Peer Review of Online Teaching, and including sample documents, this presentation makes it easy for even the most time-strapped faculty and administrators to upgrade their approach to distance education evaluation.
Purchase this Magna 20-Minute Mentor today, and start enhancing your distance education programming tomorrow!
Product Code: NM15DA
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Campus Safety, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Specific Student Populations, Strategic Planning, Student Engagement, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- Magna Online Seminar Pass
- Add to cart