Connect Learning Across Courses with Curriculum Mapping
$297.00 – $497.00
More and more schools are turning to curriculum mapping. Curriculum maps can enhance your programming and engage your faculty while standing up to increased oversight of by accrediting agencies, funders, students, and employers. We help you get started with curriculum maps and help you improve the overall educational program at your school.
Develop Connections Between Courses
Your students deserve a coherent learning experience as they move through their college programs.
Unfortunately, all too often, students encounter a disconnected series of courses with notable and frustrating gaps and redundancies in material.
As a faculty member, for your part, you may have difficulty finding ways to move beyond the isolation of their individual courses to combine them into a more coherent overall program for students.
By using curriculum maps, you can remedy this situation.
- You can develop connections between courses and relate them to the larger context of the student experience, providing a seamlessly optimal program.
- You can also find ways to engage faculty in a meaningful conversation about the interdependence of their separate classes.
- This is particularly important due to increased scrutiny and oversight of outcomes by accrediting agencies, funders, students, and employers.
Our presenter explains what curriculum maps are and how they can be used to improve the overall educational program at your institution.
This 90-minute professional development seminar covers:
- Getting started with curriculum mapping
- Using cross-curriculum development to enhance and reinforce learning
- Three main types of mapping: structure, alignment and evidence
- High-tech and no-tech ways to map curricula
- How program outcomes can be used to guide curriculum decisions
- Incorporating structure, outcomes and evidence into mapping activities
- Facilitation approaches to curriculum mapping
- Enhancing curriculum mapping with technology
- The role of data in driving curricular choices
This seminar is appropriate for academic administrators engaging in or facilitating curriculum mapping, including:
- Educational developers
- Curriculum developers
- Curriculum committee members
- Department chairs
Order today. Viewing this Magna Online Seminar as a team can help leverage unique insights, foster collaboration, and build momentum for change. You’ll also receive guidelines for continuing the conversation after viewing, implementing the strategies discussed, and creating a feedback loop for sharing best practices and challenges.
Product Code: PC10TA
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Campus Safety, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Specific Student Populations, Strategic Planning, Student Engagement, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- Magna Online Seminar Pass
- Add to cart