Magna On-Demand Seminars
Moving Beyond Data Collection to Meaningful Quality Assurance and Curriculum Improvement: The Future of Curriculum Mapping
This Magna Online Seminar demonstrates how to plan and develop a Curriculum Dashboard for institutional data reporting and how to create an ever-evolving systems approach and getting cross-department buy-in.
Curriculum mapping is often required at institutions for quality assurance and curriculum improvement.
However, many institutions are stuck at data collection and haven’t been able to aggregate the data from a course level up to a program level, or even better, include data from other divisions of the institution. The desired outcome is to make changes to the curriculum that will improve the program and create pathways for learning from year 1-4. Yet, by the time mapping is completed people often experience what Wolf calls curriculum fatigue and interpretation and action is not actually taken. Further, job cycles are inconsistent with program review cycles. Department chairs might transition. Data might be hard to access. Documents get lost. Strategic Plans get forgotten or abandoned. Wolf proposes a curriculum dashboard, intended to bring institutional data together and keep it accessible to anyone in the job.
It is common for those responsible for curriculum mapping to experience frustration with a possibly mandatory policy to collect course data and apply it to course development. We’ll discuss how to move forward successfully without getting bogged down in the challenges. We’ll also explore the possibilities beyond course data, how that can be done, and what effect it will have program wide.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Envision a custom curriculum dashboard that encourages continuous improvement
- Consider course-based evidence and other institutional data that can be mapped
- Consider how to evolve a systems approach to mapping in their context
- Understand that internal advocacy is needed to make this a common goal
Here’s what we’ll cover!
- How to plan and develop a Curriculum Dashboard for institutional (not just course) data reporting
- Making data-driven decisions for continuous improvement at a program level
- How to make changes to the curriculum that will improve the program and create pathways for learning from year 1-4
- Creating an ever-evolving systems approach and getting cross-department buy-in
Who should attend?
This seminar will benefit:
- Curriculum developers
- Educational developers
- Faculty development staff
- Instructional designers
- Instructional technologists
- eLearning specialists
- Quality assurance and accreditation leadership
- Academic deans
- Department chair
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
Product Code: OC19BD
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- More Information
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart