From Rucksack to Backpack: Ensuring Student Veteran Success
The transition from deployment to college life can pose a significant challenge for student veterans. While service members have many assets-maturity, leadership experience, and sound commitment—they also often carry visible and invisible disabilities, such as post traumatic stress disorder. Learn how to ease the transition and leverage the strengths of veterans in your classroom in this seminar.
$39.00 – $197.00
The transition from deployment to college life can pose a significant challenge for student veterans.
While service members have many assets-maturity, leadership experience, and sound commitment-they also often carry visible and invisible disabilities, such as post-traumatic stress disorder.
These challenges don’t need to prevent veterans from succeeding in your college.
You can leverage the strengths of the veterans in your classroom and provide a positive experience for both teacher and student.
This seminar brings these three experts together to share their experiences and successful strategies so that faculty and academic leaders can ensure student veteran success.
In just 60 minutes, they will teach you how to:
- Understand the ways communication and decision-making styles differ between military and academic environments
- Navigate sensitive issues or topics in the classroom
- Encourage veterans to build on their unique experiences
- Redesign courses to enhance student veterans success
- Leverage their strengths in the classroom
- Embed learning activities that promote their success in coursework
- Streamline and/or reorganize policies and procedures to benefit them
- Create a classroom environment-both physical and emotional-to facilitate learning
- Assist in campus and classroom reformatting to become veteran friendly
Student veterans are looking to all types of institutions for their higher education needs. To match their needs, this seminar is designed for:
- Four-year universities
- Vocational schools
- Community colleges
- Public and private schools
Professionals in these roles will find the information particularly helpful:
- Teaching assistants
- Student services professionals
From Rucksack to Backpack: Ensuring Student Veteran Success gives you innovative approaches to teaching, administrative services, and student support so that you can facilitate student veterans transition and ensure that they-and you-find success. Order today.
Product Code: OC12CA
FEATURED MAGNA PRODUCTS
- Active and Engaged Students, Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Classroom Climate, Classroom Management, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty, Faculty Support, Legal Concerns, On-Demand Seminars, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Student Engagement, Personal Development, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Technology in Online Courses, Technology in the Classroom
- Magna Seminar Series
- Add to cart
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.